Reminder that there is a joint Easter Music rehearsal for choirs, bells, and brass/woodwind ensembles tomorrow evening Wed., April 1st, from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Please make every effort to make that rehearsal!
We will also have one additional rehearsal 9 – 10:00 a.m. this Saturday, 4 APR 15, in the choir room due to the Easter prayer vigil in the Sanctuary. After rehearsal, we will (quietly) set up chairs and stands in the Sanctuary for Sunday morning services.
On Sunday morning, there will be rehearsals of Easter services music per the following schedule:
- 6:00 a.m.: Rehearsal for 6:30 service (trumpet quartet only with Chancel Choir in the choir room);
- 7:00 a.m.: Parrish Bells set up bells
- 7:15-7:30 a.m.: Parrish Bells rehearsal of Gaudeamus Lord of Dance
- 7:30-7:45 a.m.:
- Practice Processional Jesus Christ Is Risen Today with Brass Woodwinds and Choir;
- Practice Hymn #303 – The Day of Resurrection
- Practice Hymn #327 – Crown Him With Many Cross, verses 1, 2, 4 of 327
- 7:45-8:00 a.m.: Chancel Choir Brass/Woodwinds ensembles rehearse Alleluia He Lives and Hallelujah Chorus
- 8:05 a.m.: Rest break prior to 8:25 a.m. service
Trumpet quartet: Suggest you bring a battery-operated stand light to the Sunrise Service, and clips or clear plastic laminate to keep your music in place (Hymn #’s 327 and 302 only). We will play on all three verses of both hymns. Descant on third/final verse.
Here are updated Easter Service bulletins for the Sunrise (6:30 a.m.) and 8:30, 9:45, and 11:00 a.m. services (no changes as far as our music is concerned).
- Easter 2015 Sunrise Service (6:30 a.m.)
- Easter 2015 8:25 and 11:00 a.m. Services
- Easter 2015 9:45 a.m. Service
Suggested “uniform” for Easter Services is long sleeve white shirt with colorful Easter tie or scarf. But if you have another Easter outfit you really want to wear, that’s fine.
For music and service details, see http://umcgracebrass.org/performances/ .
See you at rehearsal!