Easter Week Rehearsals
Here is information for our final Easter Week music rehearsals and other coordinating instructions for Easter Sunday. Remember that our Easter Sunday music rehearsal this week is 7:30 – 9:00 PM tomorrow, Wednesday, April 12th, NOT Thursday.
IMPORTANT: Please arrive for Wednesday’s rehearsal by 7:20 PM or earlier in order to help set up and to be ready to start rehearsal with Milton and the choirs promptly at 7:30 PM.
We’ll also have one final rehearsal 9:00 – 10:00 AM this Saturday, April 15th in the Choir Room.
Here are the details for Easter Sunday 2017:
Easter 2017 Morning Services
- 6:30 a.m. Sunrise Service – Trumpets only + Chancel Choir Ensemble (Hymns 302, 308 only)
- 8:20 a.m. – Parrish Bells, Chancel Choir, Brass Ensemble/Orchestra
- 9:45 a.m. – Wesley singers
- 11:00 a.m. – Parrish Bells, Chancel Choir & Brass Ensemble/Orchestra
Easter Services Music
- Prelude: Jesus Christ Is Risen Today! (Cathy Moklebust arrangement; congregation sings Hymn #302)
- Anthem: Alleluia, He Lives!
- Postlude: Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah (George F. Handel)
- Hymn #302: Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- Hymn #304: Easter People Raise Your Voices
- Hymn #308: Thine Be the Glory
- Sunrise Service: Hymns #302 & #308 only at the Sunrise Service
Additional Coordinating instructions
- Services Played: Bells and Brass/Orchestra play the complete 8:30 and 11:00 AM Easter Sunday services, but NOT the 9:45 AM Easter service.
- Seating: There will be Communion; however, brass will sit in the choir loft in front of the choir, which also enables bells to play from the rail area. Timpani at floor level near organ (exact placement TBD).
- Wednesday, 12 APR 17 rehearsal schedule:
- 7:30-8:15 PM – Rehearse Jesus Christ is Risen Today; Easter People; Thine Be the Glory; Alleluia He Lives; Hallelujah Chorus.
- 8:15 PM – Rehearse one verse each of the Sunrise Service hymns with Bill Schillinger and then Katherine Colburn arrives to practice Nearer My God while the Brass/orchestra take a 10-minute break.
- 8:30 PM – Chancel Choir moves to the choir room for additional work on their Easter Music and My Eternal King; their rehearsal might go until 9:15 PM.
- Brass/Orchestra continues working on our music from 8:30 PM to perhaps 9:00 PM as needed to work on any trouble spots.
- Saturday, 15 APR 17 rehearsal: 9:00 – 10:00 AM will be in the choir room, NOT the sanctuary.
- Easter Sunday Morning set-up and rehearsal:
- 7:00 AM – Parrish Bells set up bells.
- 7:15-7:30 AM – Parrish Bells rehearsal of Fanfare and Affirmation.
- 7:30-7:45 AM – Practice Processional Jesus Christ Is Risen Today with Brass/Orchestra and Choir and Hymns #304 and #308.
- 7:45-8:00 AM – Chancel Choir and Brass/orchestra rehearse Alleluia He Lives and Hallelujah Chorus (sung only at 11:00 AM service).
- Run-through of music will be completed by 8:00 AM (or 8:05 AM at the latest).
- Break from 8:05 AM until the start of the 8:30 AM service (be seated by 8:20 AM).
- Easter Sunday uniform: White shirts with colorful, Easter ties/scarfs; dark trousers/skirts.
Keep working on your parts to ensure you have them down. I encourage you to at least listen to, but also play along with audio files of our music at:
See you at rehearsal tomorrow evening!