Grace UMC Brass Ensemble rehearses Thursdays, 7:30 – 8:30 PM in the choir room and the two 9:00 – 10:00 AM Saturdays in the Sanctuary prior to the Sunday that we perform.
Brass performs for the 8:30 AM (Prelude, Offertory, Anthem, Benediction/Response, Postlude) and 11:00 AM (Prelude only) services on October 29, 2017.
Loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- 1 John 4:19 – “We love because He first loved us.”
- Matthew 22:34-40 (HCSB) – “When the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they came together. And one of them, an expert in the law, asked a question to test Him: ‘Teacher, which command in the law is the greatest?’ He said to him, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets depend on these two commands.’”
- Prelude: Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- Offertory: Jesus Loves Me, This I Know (Trombone solo with orchestra and piano accompaniment)
- Anthem: Jesu, Jesu
- Benediction/Response: I Have Decided to Follow Jesus
- Postlude: O, How I Love Jesus/I Love You Lord/They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love Medley (a somewhat ambitious arrangement I am working on)
- 110 – A Mighty Fortress
- 549 – Where Charity and Love Prevail
- 2171 – Make Me a Channel of Your Peace