Sunday, May 3, 2015: Fifth Sunday of Easter
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinegrower. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit” (John 15:1-2, NRSV).
The theme for this Sunday is Christian Unity as represented in the anthem “One Faith, One Hope, One Word”.
Sunday May 3, 2015
- 8:30 a.m. – Brass Ensemble
- 11:00 a.m. – Chancel Choir
Music to be played:
- Prelude: Invocation Op 138 No 6 for Trumpet Trio and Piano; Alban Forster, Arr. Allan Anderson
- Hymn 1: UMH #662 – Stand Up and Bless the Lord
- Offertory: The Holy City; Stephen Adams, Arr. Allan Anderson
- Hymn 2: FWS #2237 – As a Fire Is Meant for Burning
- Hymn 3: UMH #529 – How Firm a Foundation
- Benediction/Response: FWS Hymn #2244 – People Need the Lord; Greg Nelson and Phill McHugh, Arr. Allan Anderson
- Postlude: TFWS Hymn #2088 – Lord I Lift Your Name on High; Rick Founds; Arr. Allan Anderson