Sunday December 7th – 2nd Sunday of Advent:
- 8:30 a.m. – Brass & Woodwind Ensembles
- 11:00 – Chancel Choir
- 7:00-7:30 p.m. – Blue Christmas, soloists
The combined Grace Brass and Woodwind Ensembles played music about servanthood, which was this day’s theme in worship.
Brass/Woodwind Ensemble Music for December 7th:
- Prelude: “The Servant Song” from The Faith We Sing Hymnal, #2222, Richard Gillard (1 min. 3 sec. duration).
- Offertory: “Simeon’s Song” Bradley Ellingboe; Arrangement for Grace UMC Brass Ensemble by Brian Bindner (3 min. – 30 sec. duration)
- Benediction Response: “Make Me A Servant” from The Faith We Sing Hymnal, #2176, Kelly Willard (1 min. 14 sec. duration).
- Postlude: “Rescue the Perishing” from the United Methodist Hymnal, #591, Words: Fanny J. Crosby; Music: William H. Doane (30 sec. duration).
- #203: Hail to the Lord’s Anointed
- #242 – Advent Refrain, Love Came Down, verse 3: “Love shall be our token; love be yours and love be mine; Love to God and all men love for plea and gift and sign.”
- #192: There’s a Spirit in the Air
- #206: I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light
About this morning’s Hymn
I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light was written by Kathleen Thomerson in 1966. The hymn ties various scriptures from Isaiah, Hebrews, and Ephesians together. It has been popular ever since being included in the 1980 hymnal “Songs for Celebration”.
SoundCloud Ultimate Error: The track you specified in the shortcode does not exist in your account.