Easter Sunday, April 5th
The brass and woodwinds played at the Easter Sunday services.
- Sunrise Service – 6:30 a.m.: Trumpet quartet only with Chancel Choir
- Hymn #327 – Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Hymn #302 – Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- 8:25 a.m. service (Chancel Choir, Brass/Woodwind ensembles; Bells Prelude only)
- 9:45 a.m. service (Wesley Singers; Brass/Woodwinds play opening Jesus Christ is Risen Today, then depart)
- 11:00 a.m. service (Chancel Choir, Parrish Bells and Brass/Woodwind ensembles)
- Processional Hymn:: Cathy Moklebust version of Hymn #302, Jesus Christ is Risen Today with bells, choir.
- Offertory: Alleluia! He Lives!
- Benediction/Response: Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah
- 1st Hymn #302: Christ the Lord is Risen Today (sung with song #1 above)
- 2nd Hymn #303: The Day of Resurrection
- 3rd Hymn #327: Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Click on the following links to view or download bulletins for:
Easter Sunday Morning Rehearsal Schedule
On Sunday morning, there were rehearsals of Easter services music per the following schedule:
- 6:00 a.m.: Rehearsal for 6:30 service (trumpet quartet only with Chancel Choir in the choir room);
- 7:00 a.m.: Parrish Bells set up bells
- 7:15-7:30 a.m.: Parrish Bells rehearsal of Gaudeamus Lord of Dance
- 7:30-7:45 a.m.:
- Practice Processional Jesus Christ Is Risen Today with Brass Woodwinds and Choir;
- Practice Hymn #303 – The Day of Resurrection
- Practice Hymn #327 – Crown Him With Many Cross, verses 1, 2, 4 of 327
- 7:45-8:00 a.m.: Chancel Choir Brass/Woodwinds ensembles rehearse Alleluia He Lives and Hallelujah Chorus
- 8:05 a.m.: Rest break prior to 8:25 a.m. service
- Combined Brass and Woodwind ensembles play at 8:25, 9;45, and 11:00 a.m. services. We will remain in the Sanctuary for the entire 8:25 and 11:00 a.m. services. Alleluia He Lives and Hallelujah Chorus are played only for the 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. services.
- For the 9:45 a.m. service, we will only play the first piece, “Jesus Christ is Risen Today” with bells and choir. After that, move chairs and stands in next to the Communion railing, and leave the Sanctuary. Be back not later than 10:45 a.m. to warm up and be ready for the 11:00 a.m. service.
- Brass and woodwinds will sit at floor level in from of Chancel choir, woodwinds to the front.
- During communion, brass/woodwind ensembles move chairs, music stands and instruments in beside the railing to allow room for intinction communion.
- Suggested “uniform” for Easter Services is long sleeve, light-colored (e.g., white, yellow, powder blue) shirt with colorful Easter tie or scarf. But if you have another Easter outfit you really want to wear, that’s fine (but no t-shirts or shorts!!).
- Trumpet quartet: Suggest you bring a battery-operated stand light to the Sunrise Service, and clips or clear plastic laminate to keep your music in place (Hymn #’s 327 and 302 only). We will play on all three verses of both hymns. Descant on third/final verse.
SoundCloud Ultimate Error: The track you specified in the shortcode does not exist in your account.